What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT CDI

h&jeuropa

Well Known Member
I have just upgraded from a pair of Sport HS EFIS to a pair of Sport EX EFIS.

The CDI that is under the skid ball isn't showing. Does anyone know where that is in the setup menus?

Thanks

Jim Butcher

From previous EFIS generation

Sometimes I've been able to find settings for the EX in documentation for GRT's older EFIS's.

The PFD Setup Menu for the HX/HS/WS has a setting called "GPS CDI" which, if set to Off, hides the CDI bar. Maybe this will help.

Bo

This is from the Rev A Sport EX Pilots Guide, July, 2019, which can be downloaded from the GRT site.

7.12 GPS Course Deviation Indicator (CDI)

The GPS CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) is located at the bottom center of the screen whenever a waypoint is active in the GPS flight plan...

Other info here, but I think it’s the gps version you’re asking about.

7.14.3 VOR/LOC CDI Display Options on the PFD

Hopefully that’s useful. If you’re already aware of that info I can’t help you.

-jim

Thanks Jim & Bo. All is well. As the manual says, the CDI displays when there is a waypoint in the GPS flight plan. Without a flight plan there is no course for it compare track with. Duh! I sort of think my old Sport HS showed the indicator all the time. But I flew today and it worked as expected.

Now to get my Stratux ADSB to work. For some reason the Sport EX doesn't see it. I just sent an email to GRT.

Thanks for the help.

Jim Butcher

Back