What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 12 paint design

Hempy.8

I'm New Here
Looking for ideas on a paint scheme for the RV12 I am building. What is the best design you have seen? Should it be conservative or a bit on the wild side? Basic colors or NEON ??? We have capability in our paint shop to do about anything. Thanks everyone!

Two considerations: First and very important is to make it extremely visible from other airplanes. I've known people who were in two separate local mid-air collisions out here and those haze-gray paint-jobs are unsafe.

The other one is colors that contrast with things on the ground, so that if you're forced down you'll be easy to spot.

Dave

If you plan on selling in the future, a conservative design and color combo sells. If you want to keep it for a long time, make it your own.

I’m with Dave on the No to the popular automotive light grey color. It makes airplanes invisible below in an urban environment. I do think we have some responsibility for making RV’s more visible as we are so much faster and smaller than the GA fleet

Last edited:
Back