What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for partner(s) in my RV10 KCOI

Timinfla2

Hey, I'm Tim. I've been building an RV-10 here in Merritt Island (KCOI) but between work and a busy family life (4 sports-crazed kids :cool:), progress has slowed. The tail, wings, and fuselage are nearly complete, and the finishing kit is on its way. This bird is meant to fly, not sit in a hangar!

Here's the vision: A hard IFR RV-10, equipped with Dual G3X, GTN750, G5, and top-of-the-line Garmin components. Power will come from an IO540 engine with electronic ignition and fuel injection, backed by SkyDesign Extended Range Fuel Tanks.

The interior? Air conditioning (Florida, remember? :rolleyes:), carbon fiber and leather finish, center console with throttle quadrant, and a 4-position Mountain High O2 system. Think Cirrus-level performance at a fraction of the cost.

I've invested $90,000 so far and I'm seeking one or two partners to contribute towards the remaining build cost (around $180K). But, it's not just about the build. With my busy schedule, I simply won't have the time to fly this beauty as often as she should be flown, and that's where you come in.

The RV-10 is being assembled in my well-equipped hangar at KCOI. My ideal partners would be folks who aren't just financially ready, but also have a real passion for aircraft building and safe flying - previous RV building experience would be a huge plus. If you've got the time, enthusiasm, and are ready to dive into a project that will take to the skies in the next 24 months, I'd love to hear from you.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
Hey, I'm Tim. I've been building an RV-10 here in Merritt Island (KCOI) but between work and a busy family life (4 sports-crazed kids :cool:), progress has slowed. The tail, wings, and fuselage are nearly complete, and the finishing kit is on its way. This bird is meant to fly, not sit in a hangar!

Here's the vision: A hard IFR RV-10, equipped with Dual G3X, GTN750, G5, and top-of-the-line Garmin components. Power will come from an IO540 engine with electronic ignition and fuel injection, backed by SkyDesign Extended Range Fuel Tanks.

The interior? Air conditioning (Florida, remember? :rolleyes:), carbon fiber and leather finish, center console with throttle quadrant, and a 4-position Mountain High O2 system. Think Cirrus-level performance at a fraction of the cost.

I've invested $90,000 so far and I'm seeking one or two partners to contribute towards the remaining build cost (around $180K). But, it's not just about the build. With my busy schedule, I simply won't have the time to fly this beauty as often as she should be flown, and that's where you come in.

The RV-10 is being assembled in my well-equipped hangar at KCOI. My ideal partners would be folks who aren't just financially ready, but also have a real passion for aircraft building and safe flying - previous RV building experience would be a huge plus. If you've got the time, enthusiasm, and are ready to dive into a project that will take to the skies in the next 24 months, I'd love to hear from you.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Tim

I have the same avionics with the Aerosport carbon panel and overhead, and you are welcome anytime down to BKV in Brooksville, Fl for a look. I have 2 E-Mags as well with the VPX for the circuirty. I don't know why the upload rotates pics sometimes. Sorry about that.

Regards,
Bill

Attachments

• Left Panel.jpg
    Left Panel.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Center Panel.jpg
    Center Panel.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Right Panel.jpg
    Right Panel.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
... I don't know why the upload rotates pics sometimes...

The explanation regarding the rotated pics can be found in all three of your posted pictures. You'll notice in the reflection, you're holding your phone vertically.

Hold your phone horizontally when taking pictures and videos and your orientation will be proper.

R1.jpg R2.jpg R3.jpg

Thanks for the tip and re posting the correct orientation . But, they came in correct when I emailed them to myself to put in the list.

Bill

Tempting, My vision for my RV10 is almost identical to yours, but KCOI is just a bit farther away than I would like. Plus I live in an airpark, and it would just be wrong for my plane to not be at my house!

Thanks for the tip and re posting the correct orientation . But, they came in correct when I emailed them to myself to put in the list.

Bill

When you take pictures in different orientations your phone doesn’t actually save the picture in a different orientation, it just flips a bit in the EXIF metadata. Some software (eg, your email) know how to read the metadata and display the photos in the proper orientation. My guess is VAF does not. Or at least that would be my guess.

Wow my first post here and it’s not RV related :p

Tempting, My vision for my RV10 is almost identical to yours, but KCOI is just a bit farther away than I would like. Plus I live in an airpark, and it would just be wrong for my plane to not be at my house!

Yea if I lived in an airpark, I'd never leave. Well, except to fly of course :)

Back