What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Suggestions please. Coffee holder

Rayh

I needed to attend a meeting a few days ago in Central GA so I decided to do a early morning flight to attend. As I normally don't take my coffee with me when I fly, I decided to this time. I need some ideas for a type of holder and location to mount it.

I have a Travel Mug. My 18-month grandson thinks I have a Stainless Steel sippy cup... I tell him real men drink from SS and not plastic. The mug is perfect height to rest on floor and wedge beneath the arm rest on the pilot’s side. In flight, sometimes I’ll just lay the mug on top of the flap handle between the seats. My flap handle is covered with shrink tubing to protect against scratches mainly from seat belt clasps...
-

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 9.01.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 9.01.22 AM.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 33
I stand my coffee cup in the belt on the passenger seat... Which is done up when I fly solo.

If I have a passenger, I have a cup holder. Then it also holds my snacks, maps, AFD, camera, etc.

I have a spring loaded truck cup holder under the dash on the passenger side, locks flat and hidden when closed and flips open when you push on it. Works well but does slightly impact full forward stick travel when open.
Figs

Rock Climbing Chalk Bag

I use a rock climbing chalk bag. It is a vertically oriented pouch that sits on the floor directly in front of the stick. It comes with a strap that I attached some Velcro. The Velcro strap then fastens underneath the seat to hold it in place. I have one in front of each seat on my 7. It's deep enough that you can throw your car keys in, your cell phone, and still have room for a portable mug or bottle.

Attachments

• 20200911_130234.jpg
    20200911_130234.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 229
If you take a thermos of hot coffee above 7K in your RV, use caution when you open it.......:eek:

I added two cup holders during my recent panel upgrade. Best $11 upgrade I ever made! Bought on Amazon. They fit perfectly into the side panels, one on each side.

Attachments

• IMG_3692.jpg
    IMG_3692.jpg
    960.1 KB · Views: 144
I saw this handy fold up one at Sun n Fun. It folds up when not in use and a magnet keeps it in place.

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 103
During the build of my -7, I put in a few nut plates in strategic locations to allow for mounting of things like iPads, phones, and cup holders.

I ended up using these folding ones for boats -- available on amazon for a few bucks.

Attachments

• 5144OfPACCL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    5144OfPACCL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0840.jpg
    IMG_0840.jpg