What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Altering control arms on the fuel servo?

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
I'm struggling to get the control throws at the throttle quadrant to equal (or slightly exceed) the throws needed at the engine. The mixture arm as delivered needs a throw of 2.5" or even a bit more, and that's just about impossible to achieve at my quadrant. The hole required on the mixture arm will be so high that the cable will rub against the bottom of the bolts holding the quadrant together.
However, the control arm seems to have a suspiciously open area closer to the center where I could achieve full travel of the arm with reduces cable travel. I could drill a new hole there and proceed.
Is this legit? Legal? Safe? Reasonable?

Attachments

• IMG_1964.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
You can also drill a new hole on the throttle lever on the quadrant to get more cable movement for a given amount of throttle movement.

Short answer is yes, it’s legal, yes, it works, and no, you are definitely not the first (or probably the thousandth…) to drill such a hole…..

You can also buy alternate arms from Precision Airmotive that have a range of geometries. They sent me the attached list several years ago that shows length, offset, etc.

https://precisionairmotive.com/product-category/parts/

Just FYI if you're interested!

HTH

Dave

ps - the thumbnail is a little funky, but the file should open ok.

Attachments

• Silver Hawk Default Levers.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 34
Back