What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Final Report N654C

Not much useful in that report.

"loss of power for reasons that could not be determined based on available information"

"NTSB did not travel to the scene of the accident"

Kind of hard to figure out what happened if you choose not to look at it.

Some relevant info from the accident report:
The aircraft has a total of 3.4 hours
It has a Subaru engine

I have to wonder if that had anything to do with the NTSB's lack of interest in providing a more detailed report.

Possibly. Or it could just be this (from the last paragraph of the above report):
"According to the Federal Aviation Administration inspector who responded to the accident site, only the outer portions of both wings and a portion of the tail were undamaged by the fire. The engine and cockpit sustained extensive fire damage. The electric ignition system, wiring harness, and fuel pumps were all fractured and melted. ......."

If there isn't much left to look at, it may not be possible to determine what caused the loss of power.

There is one line that reflects the pilot’s standards: “The automotive fuel used was stored in a bucket…”

"He reported that the airplane logbooks were in the airplane at the time of the
accident."
SMH... Who does this? :confused:

"He reported that the airplane logbooks were in the airplane at the time of the
accident."
SMH... Who does this? :confused:

If I ever crash an airplane that’s subsequently destroyed in a fire, it’s very possible that the aircraft logs will have been onboard. If I perish in the crash, my pilot logs might have been there, too.

Back