What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

POH Kneeboard

humptybump

Well Known Member
Following my panel upgrade, I needed to update my POH. The old one was the typical half-sheet pages in plastic sleeves, held together with old style binder rings.

The new POH blatently steals an idea from a recent humorous post for a Valentines Card. The "cool new idea" was when I discovered waterproof paper. It really works !

20130330-152944-575x575.jpg

click for more about the POH kneeboard

20130325-193025-494x640.jpg

click for more about waterproof paper

Waterproof paper

I just printed out my POH on Synapse brand synthetic paper. prints great in a color laser printer. Looks and feels like thin plastic paper.

I was truly surprised by the iGage paper. I actually did do the puddle and laundry tests I describe in those links !

The ironing test was not so smart :eek:

POH Kneeboard 2.0

I've updated my POH Kneeboard to address two issues - making it safer and making it even more useful.

This version used a plyable polyethylene cover which can be written on with a grease pencil (and easily wiped clean).

I was trained with short term memory, working memory, and long term memory. I can very easily hear a set of ATC instructions, read back, and not remember any of it. I need to write them down before read back.

In addition to the usual POH data an operations, I have sections for emergency procedures including dealing with electronics failures. I also have "cheat sheets" for the avionics.

My use of the POH Kneeboard that is most useful is as a place to write down frequencies, ATC instructions, flight notes I want to remember, etc.

I was trained with short term memory, working memory, and long term memory. I can very easily hear a set of ATC instructions, read back, and not remember any of it. I need to write them down before read back.

Hey Glenn, I resemble that remark..:)

I have my POH on an iPad mini, accessible via Foreflight but rely mostly on the paper version and index cards for ATC notes, like you.

I will steal your idea of printing my POH on different paper though. Think I'll take it to Office Depot and have it done.

Back