What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair duplex valve fittings

Pukauma

I am working on my tunnel and associated fuel lines/selector. I will be placing an Andair FS2020 fuel selector (duplex). Ordering direct from Andair.

Can anyone help me with what would be the easiest fittings to place? Numerous options for both the upper and lower ports, and it is difficult to visualize all those fuel lines at this point.

And how long on the extension, and do I need any universal joints? I will be using an Aerosport center console and panel.

Any replies greatly appreciated. You guys are awesome, I pick your brains every day.

Cliff

PS-plan on using flared aluminum lines.

Last edited:
Fuel lines

Hey, I will try and get some better pictures to post for you today. It was a real pain to fit all those lines in and if I did it again, I would consider flexible lines...

I will try and post shortly...

Installation Visualization

Hi Cliff,

The fitting types are very much dependent on your particular RV-10 installation. On my 8A, I ended up specifying two AN6 male fittings and four AN6 banjo fittings. I was initially planning to go with all AN6 male fittings, but when I looked at my installation in careful detail and thought about how to fabricate the lines, I found that the four banjos were absolutely necessary. Due to the tight fit, I ended up with five 5052 aluminum lines and one short, custom hose to a 5052 line via an AN6 union. I initially planned to use all hoses, but their flexibility is limited and their diameter is greater than aluminum lines, so I had to go with bendable 5052 lines for my 8A installation.

Your RV-10 installation will vary!

Good Luck,

Cliff,

I take it you are planning on 2 return lines. I am planning on plumbing for it as well. Let me know what you come up with! I'll be there pretty shortly!

Fuel slector/lines

Thanks for all the input so far!

Yes, I plan for plumbing return lines. Not sure yet if they will be just purge lines or full return flow. I figure much easier now than later.

Not opposed to flex lines, I guess I had not considered them to date. Probably after I start bending six lengths of tubing I would.

Look forward to pics, Rocketman!

-Cliff

Wowser

Rocketman, those pictures are priceless! Thanks for the great help, this will enable me to order the selector correctly outfitted.

I can see I have a lot of work ahead!

-Cliff

Cliff---
We've done various forms of this install in RV10's. The is room to use straight -6 AN adapters from Andair on the supply and return sides, with 90* hose ends.

All of this will take alittle planning, buts its not as bad as it looks.
Tom

Fuel slector/lines

Tom:

So if I understand you correctly, I could use straight -6 AN fittings on ALL the ports of the duplex valve? The 90 degree elbows could sweep right back to the bulkhead fittings on the tunnel wall? If so, this would get rid of a couple 90's.

Would probably save me a lot of grief bending tubing, as Rocketman suggested.

The best part of it is that I can start buying hoses from you.:)

nice thing about the 10----there is room to play with unlike the 7/9. Yep, straight adapters out of the valve, 90* hose ends going aft to the supply and return ports. The front ports have plenty of room to run the hoses/tubing for the pump and returns.
Tom

Fuel Lines

I agree with Tom. If I did it again, I would use the flex lines with 90 degree ends. Hopefully, these hard lines will work just fine but if they do leak, I will be calling Tom for the flex lines...

Fuel slector/lines

Thanks, Tom. Will order the selector with appropriate fittings and be contacting you soon for the hoses. Sweet!

Back