- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-14-2022, 07:15 PM

Default I did a lot, and then buried it

I was undecided at the time, so made it properly smooth and painted it before installing it. It was quite a bit of time making all the curves smooth and building up with Micro.

By the end of the build, I had added a overhead console and used the South Florida headliner which would have covered everything, and I could have done nothing...

The headliner has a 1/4" foam base which covers all sins.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220404_143913.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	27053  
2022 dues paid
Old 06-14-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
I was undecided at the time, so made it properly smooth and painted it before installing it. It was quite a bit of time making all the curves smooth and building up with Micro.

By the end of the build, I had added a overhead console and used the South Florida headliner which would have covered everything, and I could have done nothing...

Do you think you added significant weight doing the smooting?
Old 07-02-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

I can't find the South Florida headliner on their web site. Do they still make it? they show every other piece of wall/floor covering except the headliner on the site. There's kind of a hint of a headliner in the pictures of their overhead console.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001001 View Post
I can't find the South Florida headliner on their web site. Do they still make it? they show every other piece of wall/floor covering except the headliner on the site. There's kind of a hint of a headliner in the pictures of their overhead console.
Give Eliane a call. She’ll give you more information and pictures than you’ll know what to do with. I found them one of the best vendors I have dealt with over 3 planes and almost 20y. All the more impressive given the difference in time zones.
Sydney, AUS
Old 07-03-2022, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Do you think you added significant weight doing the smooting?

Sorry for the tardy response. It's a dry micro so not too much wieght most of the quantity went into was smoothing the curves behind the doors. Most of the penalty was time building up and sanding since it took me a few tries to get it looking decent. I didn't take any before and after weights.

Derek
2022 dues paid
Old 07-03-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:
For sure they still make it. I'll second the suggestion to give them a call. They've done a lot of planes so have pictures of any configuration I could think of.
2022 dues paid