What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help trying to contact Champion Aerospace

gnuse

Well Known Member
I am trying to find an answer to the resistance in one of my REM38S spark plugs. I have been calling, leaving messages, emailing, etc. Champion Aerospace since September and have received NO return calls, messages, or emails. Except I do receive an email that they will contact me within 24 hours. This has been a truly unbelievable experience. Too bad they aren't located on an airport in Liberty, S.C. as I would simply fly up and knock on the door!

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
I am trying to find an answer to the resistance in one of my REM38S spark plugs. I have been calling, leaving messages, emailing, etc. Champion Aerospace since September and have received NO return calls, messages, or emails. Except I do receive an email that they will contact me within 24 hours. This has been a truly unbelievable experience. Too bad they aren't located on an airport in Liberty, S.C. as I would simply fly up and knock on the door!

Anyone have any ideas?

Toss any over 5000, then change to Tempest, and never worry about it again. Too much resistance can migrate back and play havoc with other parts of your ignition system, like condensers. Look at the below link.

https://blog.aopa.org/aopa/2015/03/19/champion-from-denial-to-acceptance/

Champion just doesn't believe in resistance. :rolleyes:
Tempest plugs have better resistors. Some of their plugs are out of stock indefinitely though.

Lenny

I had a bad mag and spoke with this person who had me ship it back and sent me a new one. Try contacting him by email or phone.

Thomas Justice
Engineering Manager – Piston and Power Products

Office: 864.843.5329
Email: [email protected]

I am aware of the above posts, however this thread was to hopefully find a way to contact Champion. So far in three months they have not returned emails or phone calls.

Also, I doubt any shop has REM38S plugs laying around. :rolleyes:

These readings are from a multimeter with qutorange. Not sure if they show the correct scale: 1.587, 1.329, 1.951, 1.616, 30.15, 1.973, 1.867, 1.679

Last edited:
I had a bad mag and spoke with this person who had me ship it back and sent me a new one. Try contacting him by email or phone.

Thomas Justice
Engineering Manager – Piston and Power Products

Office: 864.843.5329
Email: [email protected]

Bill,

Thanks! Thomas called me back this afternoon and we are going to see where it goes. I struggle to think how a company such as this can be so out of touch.

George

Back