What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NACA Duct Filter/Guard

Between the tube and the vent

Not the vent and the fuselage, between the vent and the tube. You won't see it from the outside. When you put the hose clamp on.

sink drain screen

I did something similar with using a stainless steel sink drain screen. I made a bug screen for the fresh air inlet. I marked a 3" diameter circle with a Sharpie on a 4.5" diameter mesh strainer (Home Depot, Danco part # 88822). I then trimmed around the perimeter of the strainer, next to the outer band. The line I marked was the "bend" line for the screen. I bent it in three "stages" to get and nice, clean bend. I then inserted the mesh into the 2" tubing and proceeded to bend it back around the outside of the tubing. This made a nice dome shaped screen on the inside of the tube. I taped the screen in place with some electrical tape and then slid it over the NACA inlet and used a hose clamp to hold everything in place. This should work out fine. I can always remove it if I want.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

I used the standard plastic window screen from the aviation aisle at the local hardware store. Put it over the hose end on the duct and slid the hose over it with a clamp. It’s been there for 16+ years without any issues.

This setup may not stop the murder hornet. :eek:

Back