What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 electric aileron trim

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Gents

Thinking about installing an electric aileron trim on my RV-4 to replace the manual trim I have installed now and was wondering where for the one of you who have one installed did you mount the servo??

I already have an autopilot servo installed under the floor on the left side so that option is out..

If you have pictures it will be even better.

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

Buy the Vans kit

I have the Vans electric aileron trim on my -4. It uses the MAC servo, which is mounted in the aileron LE. You will need to remove your aileron and modify it. The kit provides a tab that attaches on the trailing edge of the aileron, but I did not use that. Instead, I cut out a tab that's similar to the elevator tab, and keeps the standard aileron profile. I mounted mine in the outboard end of the left aileron, and ran the wires along with the nav lights, bringing them through the tip rib and into the end of the aileron. I have both elevator, aileron and electric flaps all controlled on a MAC stick grip. Never have to take hand off stick or throttle. Love it.
IMG-20131010-00771_zpsysiqismb.jpg

IMG-20131010-00772_zpspsw9bson.jpg

IMG-20131008-00770_zpskswb0djl.jpg

Aileron trim

Thank you for your imputs Gents it's really appreciated.

Bill: i like your set up but it looks like a bit of work on a flying aircraft..

Andreas: Yours is more what I had in mind...Keep me posted on how it works once you have a chance to try it..

Are the springs a specific model ( strenght, lenght and all )

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

Back