What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bowden Cable Clamp

Make your own clamp

I didn't really care for the Spruce part - it didn't seem to really clamp all that well when I tried it. It's also aluminum so its not fireproof.

FWIW HERE is what I did to solve this problem - make one out of an AN832-3 fitting. Its pretty easy to do.

I didn't really care for the Spruce part - it didn't seem to really clamp all that well when I tried it. It's also aluminum so its not fireproof.

FWIW HERE is what I did to solve this problem - make one out of an AN832-3 fitting. Its pretty easy to do.
I thought they were steel, well, that explains why no-one appears to be using them! I knew it was a stupid question, but didn't know why. I'll check out your method! Thanks

I learned something to - feel stupid about it now. Used three Bowden clamps on cables thru the firewall. Assumed they were steel and didn't even bother to check :(. I guess a guy could make some out of steel or do something like Don did.

Thanks for bringing this up.

I had foreseen to use such a bowden cable clamp for oil cooler air door cable... until I tried it: It does not clamp very well. So I will have to come up with another solution.

I decide to use Dan's method and ordered everything from Spruce yesterday. I did a pretty comprehensive search on the web and if you are looking for a bulkhead passthrough method that protects the cable, clamps it in place, and is steel...well, I couldn't find it.

I drilled two 3/8 hardware store bolts for this purpose. No clamping, but needed to do that at each end anyways.

Back