What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parking brake location

acam37

Well Known Member
Does anyone using a parking brake on their -4 have pictures of the installation?
I'm not sure exactly where the best place to mount it would be.

Parking Brake

That's how it looks on our RV-4. The brackets were done by the previous builder.

14167495539_83aa45d488_z.jpg

That's kind of where I want to put mine. Do you have a few more pics of that bracket? Are those hoses -3 or -4?

I'm currently away from home for a few days and do not have other pictures at hand, sorry.
The hoses that you see on the picture are -4, they are rather bulky. The aluminum brake line that you see was just a first idea. We now replaced it with a -3 stainless steel hose (with 45? -4 fittings) than runs directly down to the brake caliper. Thanks to Tom Swearingen for making those hoses.

Thanks Andreas, I did some searching and found a few pics of an RV-9 setup that will be helpful. What I am interested in is how you fabricate a bracket to mount the parking brake valve and the arm that secures the brake cable. I've got to get everything mounted in the right spot before I can order the hoses. Brett at Bonaco told me to mount the hardware, take lots of pictures and send him the measurements, then he can build my hoses to exact length.

Parking Brake

This is where we decided to mount the parking brake and run the lines. We are trying to put as much as we can on the outside of the firewall. You can also see where we put the smoke tank. When it gets plumbed and cleaned up I'll post better pictures. The parking brake and reservoir are not hard mounted yet. I just stuck them up in order to get the correct hose length. I also need to build a bracket for the cable.
B41057C5-0EFB-480D-ADEB-5E0E1FDCC005_zpsid2fhhhi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
C8B074C4-CE33-45C3-A051-2400EF2F4B04_zps2wrs7dkh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
6F0E2A45-B37F-4FF0-9A05-475AD3D11A05_zpsqgj10dxy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
F6A9B8C8-9C7C-4648-A422-B107CCF6B5B1_zps0kno80lo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back