What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F482 Bulkhead Gusset

Clouddancer

Well Known Member
We will have to retrofit the F482 Bulkhead Gussets (SB 97-05-1) for the rear seat reinforcement on our RV-4. We would like to manufacture the steel gussets ourselfs. Does anybody know the dimensions, especially the thickness, and the material? I can not find the data on the drawings and neither in the SB.

We will have to retrofit the F482 Bulkhead Gussets (SB 97-05-1) for the rear seat reinforcement on our RV-4. We would like to manufacture the steel gussets ourselfs. Does anybody know the dimensions, especially the thickness, and the material? I can not find the data on the drawings and neither in the SB.
I can easily get to mine to measure them if you really need the dimensions but an e-mail directly to Van's would probably get you a better answer. They're not steel, by the way, they're 0.032" [edit: 0.025" according to Vans via e-mail, see next post] aluminum, most likely 2024T3.

Last edited:
Thanks Nauga

I read somewhere in a blog that they are steel, but you are right! I dropped Van's an email. They are made from 0.025" thick 2024-T3. Even better for me to manufacture ;-)

Back