What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prebuy near Toronto/Ottowa/Detroit

climbak

I'm looking at buying and importing a -3 that's currently in Canada a bit north of Toronto. Does anyone know a mechanic in that area that can do a pre-buy? I was going to bring my usual mechanic, but he's not vaccinated so he can't enter Canada at the moment.

Ryan

Airport

Is it at Brampton airport, if so I know a guy there that has built numerous RV’s, he may know the plane or be willing to look at it? He is not an AME but he may know one that could look over the engine for you. This is just speculation as I have not talked to the guy

The owner of this shop just west of Toronto is a A&P and has built a RV 4 , likely best if the plane was brought to his facility at CYKF
Tri-City Aero Maintenance Inc

4881 Fountain N, Breslau, ON
519-648-2044

Hope this helps, Cheers, Garry

Is it at Brampton airport, if so I know a guy there that has built numerous RV’s, he may know the plane or be willing to look at it? He is not an AME but he may know one that could look over the engine for you. This is just speculation as I have not talked to the guy

I'll check which airport they're at and get back to you. Sounds like your guy could be a good option if the A&P mentioned in the other reply can't do it.

Anybody know a good mechanic closer to Ottawa for a prebuy? The two others listed in here are a bit far and would be a bit too much logistically if I can avoid it.

Where is the airport?

I’m in Oshawa…I built my RV8. I’m happy to help. A number of my friends are AMEs and I’m sure they would do a prebuy inspection.

I could fly them there if I knew where it was at. Let me know.

905 two 6 One Six 6 one 5

Don

Back