What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti Splat Aero Easy exit bar

N661DJ

Well Known Member
I just installed ASA's Easy Exit Bar in my RV-9A, took all of 10 minus to install.
this is, without a doubt, the best $100. I have ever spent on an airplane.
Thanks Allan, keep the RV mods coming.
Dick

foot room

Does this eliminate any foot room? Imagining a long cross-country and changing foot positions a bunch.

Foots feet and more

I have an RV-6A and here are my thoughts.
No, it does not reduce foot room sorta, But, it does have an effect on feet position. I like mine. But, it does hit the back of my Achilles tendon area sorta.
I like it for all the above and it gives you another place to hook your foot when flying. I guess it does have the effect in that you can't move your foot back as far.
I built a foot rest on the back of my battery box and have plans for another under the rudder pedals behind the firewall.
I need places for my size 13 shoes cause I'm 6'3" tall.
I put in the RV-14 mod and like it also
Both are a great addition. Thanks Alan.
Art

Does this eliminate any foot room? Imagining a long cross-country and changing foot positions a bunch.

Sean I will get a couple pics of mine tomorrow. It does not crowd my feet at all. When I was a passenger, it gave me a place to rest my feet and keep them off the rudders. Being able to use the bar to be "re born" out of the RV womb makes it worth it!!

In my -9A, it has no effect on foot position nor does it decrease leg room. My plane is fuel injected, but the fuel pump is under the cowl on the firewall, so nothing in the tunnel. I didn't understand that stuff when I bought it, but I do have the angled bar instead of the straight one, even though I could have just as well used the straight one. I happened to mention that to Alan one day and he volunteered to swap it out, but I kind of like that angle. No issues. It doesn't eliminate stepping on the seat but it makes it much easier to get in and out. It's an excellent addition. It does provide a place to put your feet while flying, and it does eliminate the need to use the landing gear weldment in order to push yourself out of the airplane to exit, thus saving the carpeting that goes over that weldment. It's a very, very cost-effective airplane accessory.

I wish AntiSplat could engineer a version for the -7
icon14.gif

Thanks for the replies, all. Rocky..hope you're having lotsa fun with your plane!

I have to disagree!

I just installed ASA's Easy Exit Bar in my RV-9A, took all of 10 minus to install.
this is, without a doubt, the best $100. I have ever spent on an airplane.
Thanks Allan, keep the RV mods coming.
Dick

The easy exit bar is a wonderful thing but not the best $100 ever spent. I did the first (I think) almost rv14 seat mod on a tip up canopy and Alan gave me a deal on it (his cost he said but I don’t remember how much) if I would give it a write up. The easy exit is only used for about 10 seconds per flight and the seat mod is REALLY GREAT for the whole flight. They are both worth a lot more than he charges.

Easy Exit Bar

Thanks Alan for another great product. I was the guy that posted about trading our 9A tip up for a 12. My wife and I were having such a problem getting out of our 9A that we thought we would have to make a change. We made a flight from D95 to 57D here in Michigan to see a RV-12 and try getting in-out of it. It was better, but letting go of our 9A:confused:. Thats when Dennis (he keeps his 7A there) and showing us the 12. Said look into one of Alan's Easy Exit Bar. Installed one, WOW what a great help, both getting in and out. We can keep our plane;).
Thanks again Alan

Fuel Injection Pictures

Anyone out there have some pictures of the fuel injection version of the Easy Exit Bar installed?

Anyone out there have some pictures of the fuel injection version of the Easy Exit Bar installed?

This is that bar. My engine is fuel injected so I thought this was the version I needed, but my boost pump and the other stuff is firewall-forward so there’s nothing in the tunnel. The standard flat non-FI version would have worked fine…my mistake. Alan offered to switch it out, because…customer service, but it works fine as-is. Install was simple. The image below does not reflect the level of disassembly necessary to install…this is just the best image I had and was associated with an avionics project. :)

This does indeed make getting in and out easier without excessive seat-stepping or levering against the gear weldment covers. It was literally the first thing that I installed after buying the airplane.

I agree with the value of the almost-a-14 seat mod.Other best-mod is the Supertrax canopy extension.

Last edited:
Looks like it may be in the way for under panel work. But may be easy to remove and get out of the way.

I got mine to reduce the load on my right shoulder when getting out. I haven't flown with it yet, but have managed to use it a couple of times to get out and it was definitely easier on my newly repaired shoulder. Not sure how I'll like it for longer flights, it does look like it blocks the ability to set my feet flat on the floor without having to extend my toes under the rudder pedals. I do have the bent version for clearing the boost pump.

Just installed my Easy Exit bar today (RV9a carbureted). Very easy installation (socket wrench and 5 minutes did it) and it works as advertised: Come on! I'm only 64 and in reasonably good shape but always struggled on the way out- wading up my carpeting, straining my shoulders to get up on the seat to exit. The bar is great; now I can push up easily to the top of the seat, stand, and get out. Cheers!

Just me

I do not have carpet, so I just installed two angles left to right across the floor. Seems to work the same, but does intrude on my legs. YMMV.

Another hardy review of the EZ Exit bar. Just put one in my 9a. Simple to install, works great. Now no more wadded carpet in front of my pedals. Mine is fuel injected w manual trim and the fit is perfect. Excellent addition to the A14 seat mod and the super tracks extension. Also have the ASA wheel bearing upgrade, the oil breather mod, and the stabilizer support. A flying ASA RV!

WoW!!!

----Thank you all! You guys are the best. We hope everyone
in our great aviation community has a wonderful Holiday Season
and a happy, successful, and healthy New Year.
-----This from all of us at A.S.A Thanks Again-:D:D

Easy Exit Bar

Another positive review for this simple mod. Really helps this old body exit after knee surgery. 👍👍👍

IMHO, the best money You can spend on your RV. I am 80+, getting out of my 9A
has gotten to be somewhat difficult, problem solved with this mod. Thanks again Alan.
Dick J.

Storage on bar

On long trips I put a small bag of tools and tie downs between the seat and the bar and tie them down securely. The bar is still usable, two new knees have made this bar absolutely necessary. Thanks Allan

Back