What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

On the way to Oshkosh hotel options?

YellaDawg

Well Known Member
Sponsor
any recommendations on staying a few hours from Oshkosh on Saturday July 24? Need 4-5 rooms. Would like to be able to be within Striking distance of Oshkosh for a early Sunday arrival (before noon) coming from the Southeast.

I have stayed in Jeffersonville, Indiana, right across the river from Louisville, Kentucky. We were stopped by weather that didn’t clear. Hotel is right off the field.

Poplar grove

any recommendations on staying a few hours from Oshkosh on Saturday July 24? Need 4-5 rooms. Would like to be able to be within Striking distance of Oshkosh for a early Sunday arrival (before noon) coming from the Southeast.

Great airport and it seemed like several motels in town.

Now we're talking! OSH is coming fast. I'm listening and I think our rough plan is "within striking distance" Friday night.

DeKalb, IL, KDKB, was my usual last stop before KOSH coming up from FL. But we overnighted one year due to WX. I can't remember the hotel name, (Red Roof Inn?), but it was next door to a Culvers. The airport line boy shuttled us to/from the hotel.
KOSH is only 123 nm due north from DeKalb.

I'm based at UGN. There's a hotel very close and they do have transient tie-downs (don't go to Signature) and self-serve but fuel is kinda expensive. About 45 min flight from OSH.

Both Poplar Grove and DeKalb are on the west side of ORD so if you're coming from the SE will be a bit out of the way especially with the Class B airspace. Shooting up the lakeshore under the bravo to get to OSH is a lot more direct. Probably best to look somewhere southeast of Chicago.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back