What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Owners/Builders in Tyler area?

TreeFrog

I'm New Here
Hi all. I recently moved to East Texas from Fort Worth. On a leap of faith, I ordered my preview plans for an RV-8 and will be ordering the tail kit in a few days. I've been planning this build in my head for about 3 years now, and it has evolved from an RV-9, to a 7, to a 10, to a 12, to a 3, to a 14....finally, I just picked the 8 and ordered the plans before I had time to change my mind again. I've actually never even touched a Van's airplane before, but I have always been a bit impulsive and I couldn't be more excited about what I'm going to experience! While I'm waiting the 4+ months for the first kit to arrive, I'd sure appreciate the opportunity to visit with any builders/owners in the area and see first hand what I'm getting myself into. Also, was wondering if anyone could recommend a good EAA chapter near me (I'm on the southeast end of Lake Palestine). And if anyone has any used tools they'd like to sell, I'll be needing everything. Thanks in advance,
Rich

Back