What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UFlyMike Harmony with Bose QC35 ride report

NRomano

I'm New Here
Hello gang,
Does anyone have experience using the UFlyMike Harmony attachment with Bose QC35? I've tried 2 sets, and there is a tremendous amount of audio static at high power settings, such as take off and go around. The result is loud frying and crackling sounds at the earpieces, which drown out radio transmissions. It only subsides when I reduce power below a certain level. Do any other users also experience this? And have you found any solutions to the problem?
Thanks!
Nick Romano
RV7 / N900EC

Hello gang,
Does anyone have experience using the UFlyMike Harmony attachment with Bose QC35? I've tried 2 sets, and there is a tremendous amount of audio static at high power settings, such as take off and go around. The result is loud frying and crackling sounds at the earpieces, which drown out radio transmissions. It only subsides when I reduce power below a certain level. Do any other users also experience this? And have you found any solutions to the problem?
Thanks!
Nick Romano
RV7 / N900EC

I have and not a fan. In fact, looking for new headsets as I type!

Yep I tried them, and in the RV it just didn't work out. Spent the extra bucks for the high end bose headset which does.

QC35's were given to my buddy who flys 747's as well as RV's works great for that big bird, just not the RV in my experience.

I have compared them to the A20s in a Mooney and a Kitfox. The qc35’s don’t clamp against my head as tight as the a20s and therefore allow cabin noise to seep in around the cups.

I have compared them to the A20s in a Mooney and a Kitfox. The qc35’s don’t clamp against my head as tight as the a20s and therefore allow cabin noise to seep in around the cups.

Now you're just making my head hurt with all this talk of willingly clamping something onto your head :).

My UFlyMike Harmony attachment with Bose QC35, works great, actually awesome in the Airbus as well. Just tried them in an RV-6 yesterday.... not so good. In fact will not be using them in the 6 again. I was truly hoping to to be able to have a dual purpose headset.

Joe

Last edited:
UFlyMike+Bose QC35 / Extreme noise/static at high power settings

Hello gang,
Thanks!
Nick Romano
RV7 / N900EC

Hello, I have experienced the exact same thing w/ UFlyMike Harmony + Bose QC35. This is in an RV-12. Extremely high noise/static/crackling at high power. I wouldn't even know how to start to diagnose it. Doesn't happen with "regular" Bose and David Clark headsets.

Micah Hirschman
RV12 / N120LL

If you are ever flying in a airliner and have a hum or background noise in the ICS check if the other pilot has a QC. Ask him to unplug it and you will probably find the noise goes away. Might also be a issue in RV’s.

Back