What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a ferry pilot for an RV-8 KSUS-KOBI (MO-NJ)

moespeeds

Well Known Member
Friend
Hiya everyone,

I plan on purchasing an RV-8 on June 25th if the prebuy goes well. Next step is getting it ferried from KSUS (Saint Louis) to KOBI (Southern NJ).

I am not current, and out of BFR so I cannot do this myself. I'm also not keen on sitting backseat for the trip as there are no rudder pedals/throttle, and I'm 6'3" 250 lbs.

My insurance company has imposed the following minimum restrictions on the ferry pilot:

750 TT
250 TW
25 RV (Any model)

The aircraft is in excellent condition, day VFR with an IO360, Whirlwind C/S, 360 TTSN.

I have no problem paying the ferry pilot for their time, all travel expenses, and a flight back to KSUS on the airline of their choice. KOBI is local to Philadelphia International (KPHL) and Atlantic City (KACY).

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Moe Colontonio
Cherry Hill, NJ

I can do it, but the dates may or may not quite work. I am supposed to fly a Husky on the 24th till the 26th, then may be able to do yours right after that. The Husky flight may cancel, so then your dates could work. I well exceed your insurance requirements, I have excellent references, and I'm a CFI, A&P, professional pilot.

Interested, exceed the insurance requirements. Fly a RV 4. Recently delivered a RV 6 from Aurora, Nebraska to NJ. Ward Combs 402 871 0039

Back