What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap bracket with a dent from manufacturing?

Debovsky

Hello group,

I'm wondering if this dent (circled in red) in the Flap bracket (W-1025A) is something to be concerned with or should I simply ignore it? :confused:
IMG_2543-Copy_zps6d4b4a09.jpg

It was there from the day I opened the shipping crate. It looks to me that something hard (a tool?) fell on it so leaving this mark. This thing is about 3/8in long, and at least 1/32in deep. Should I live it as it is or "grid" it somehow ? Or simply call Van's for a replacement ? I guess they won't believe me when I'll say it was there before I got it here. I suppose I'll have to pay for the replacement (if it is the case).
IMG_2543-Copy_zps6d4b4a09.jpg.html]

Agreed. I had a similar gouge. They said it could be ground/polished but went ahead and sent me a new one. Email factory and send them that pic.

I would definitely sleep better with a scratch free flap bracket. I'll contact Van's with this.

Reposting Picture onto VAF servers in case the hosting link goes down.

Bottom Line for new builders. If not sure on damaged parts ask Van's.

Error at the factory or damage happens occasionally or enroute etc. The business model is designed to replace bad items.

If your are not comfortable or happy ask for a replacement.

Attachments

• flap bracket.png
    flap bracket.png
    480.6 KB · Views: 130
That’s a heck of a gouge. Not a very thick part to have to blend that deeply on.

Replace it and forget about it or remember it every time you see it.

I never regretted ordering replacements for mistakes that merited it.

I have extras

For some reason Vans shipped me extra flap brackets (for the flaps, not the wings). I just threw them in the oops bucket three days ago, you are welcome to them. I am in Wisconsin, PM me if interested or of use. - Jason

Back