What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Installation for Experimental Aircraft Course - July 7-9, 2021

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Greetings VAF!

Once again the Aircraft Electronics Association will be hosting an Avionics Installation for Experimental Aircraft Course on July 7-9, 2021. The class will take place at the AEA headquarters in Lee's Summit, MO (Kansas City suburb). For complete details and registration information, please visit the AEA Course Website.

This has been a popular training opportunity that includes hands-on wiring and avionics installation fundamentals, heavily focused on the Garmin G3X Touch system. Many VAF members have attended this course in the past! It is a 3-day course at a registration cost of $499. There are a limited number of spots available and space fills quick!

*COVID guidelines and social distancing measures will be in place for the class/facility.*

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Brad
_____

How often is this class offered? I just got my fuse kit so I'm not ready to wire anything, but I think I'll be ready in about 6 months.

The offerings vary, but usually 3-4 times per year. There will be future dates if you cannot make this one.

BR,

Went to this class in May. Levi Self did a great job. Class is highly recommended. First class facility and presentation.

Went to this class in May. Levi Self did a great job. Class is highly recommended. First class facility and presentation.

I will echo the same thoughts as Sandrews. I too was in the April class and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The class was both interesting and informative, and the presenters were great. Highly recommended for anyone seeking to learn more about the nuts and bolts of avionics installation, particularly the Garmin G3X system.

I also attended the same class with Levi and it was an extremely valuable class. He did an excellent job teaching the class. Without a doubt, if you have the time to take this class do it. I would recommend knowing a little about what Garmin products you plan to put in your plane before you get there so you have a better understanding when he reviews it.
Good luck if you are taking the class.

Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments!

I also want to point out that the class is not exclusive to someone who is going to do the whole avionics part themselves. If you are having a vendor build up a panel and harness for you this class is still for you! Most everything in the class is still applicable and this experience will accelerate your installation of the panel and harness.

I look forward to seeing you in July!

Thanks,
Levi

Great class

The class was great. I attended the April session also. I really liked the perspective that Levi brings to Avionics as a result of being an experienced Pilot. Many tidbits, advice and opinions on what equipment to install for safe flight, IFR and VFR, and of course how to install it correctly.

Thanks Levi,
Michael-

How early does class get out Friday? Looking at flights to decide if I can swing it

Most of Friday afternoon is spent finishing up the "lab" exercises, basically wiring and testing a harness, How fast you finish, or even whether you finish, is pretty much up to you. In my class, several had early flights or other obligations and began filtering out gradually.

How early does class get out Friday? Looking at flights to decide if I can swing it

Hello,

As mentioned the final afternoon includes 'finish up' items for the lab portion of the class, so it does vary. AEA/Levi is very accommodating to those needing to leave a little early for flights. Just let the group know when you register the time you will be needing to depart. Many have had to leave between 3-5pm the final afternoon to catch flights out of MCI in the past.

BR,

We are just over one week away from the AEA Avionics Installation of Experimental Aircraft course! If you are interested in last minute availability please contact AEA directly.

BR,

Back