What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vibrations in floor

N40ES

Well Known Member
We have vibrations in the floor of the RV9A and I assume they are from the Horizontal Exhaust pipes. When feet on pedals: no vibration, with feet on floor: feels like feet going to sleep. (pins & needles) Assuming its from the high speed palpitations of the horizontal exhaust outlets patting against the belly. Does anyone offer 45 degree tips or sleeves that can be easily added without dismantling exhaust system? Anyone else have these symptom's? Ed S.

Last edited:
Check with Vetterman Exhaust.

They made up some extensions for our RV 10 when I had a similar issue.

Good Source

Thanks ! Vetterman Site looks to be a Good Source! Will give them a call after the Holiday. Appreciated.

We have vibrations in the floor of the RV9A and I assume they are from the Horizontal Exhaust pipes. When feet on pedals: no vibration, with feet on floor: feels like feet going to sleep. (pins & needles) Assuming its from the high speed palpitations of the horizontal exhaust outlets patting against the belly. Does anyone offer 45 degree tips or sleeves that can be easily added without dismantling exhaust system? Anyone else have these symptom's? Ed S.

What type of material are you using as a floor mate?
george

Floor vibrations

Most RVs I’ve flown have exhaust pulses on the floor. Try lifting up your feet off the floor in flight. Then put both feet on the floor. Feel the difference?

On my 6A I have some 3/4 inch black foam soundproofing glued to the floor.Then certified aircraft carpeting over that. Makes flying so much more pleasant.

Back