What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intersection fairings from Cleveland lousy fit...

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
I bought the whole set of intersection fairings from Cleveland. The main leg to wheel pant fairings are a pretty lousy fit. I'm thinking of sending them back and just making my own.

Anyone else have a better experience?

They appear to be made of polyester resin. Can I heat them with a heat gun to bend them some?

Thanks,
Michael-

Huh? I put those fairings on last month and they fit surprisingly well. They are the -9A models right?

Give them a call. There nice people who stand behind their stuff. I bet they get it sorted out for you.

Like other have said. Give them a call. Mine fit almost perfectly so something is wrong. Maybe wrong part model shipped, etc?

Try Again

I've used Van's, Fairings Etc, and Cleaveland's on 7s. FEs always frustrated proper positioning of the critical gear legs. Van's are horribly flimsy & labor intensive. Cleaveland's are far and away the best fit. That's a 7, remember. Your 9A may be a different story. What ever you use, make sure the leg fairings are straight; all else follows.

John Siebold

All I can add is that Cleaveland's customer service is about the best.

I'd give them a call.

Dan

I installed them on my 9A recently and thought they fit rather well. Of course they can be tweaked some to make them fit "perfectly", but they are close enough for me.
f1c67c027fb8feb7cbbe4f5e5cd8c5fb22569_leftLowerInterectionFairingWeb.jpg

A little planning was required to get the uppers drilled in the right place:
c3b8252834976400b6c6e2a3df242a3f22569_upperIntersectionFairingText.jpg

Mine fit well

The first set I got and didn't try to fit them for a while as it wasn't time. When I did, there was no way it was going to fit. Then I realized I had received some for the "A" model. Called Cleaveland and they told me to return for exchange. Instead I sold them to Mike Hoover in the post above and reordered another set from Cleaveland. They shipped right away and even sent a "free t-shirt"! We were pleased with the fit, though we did have to use a heat gun for final fit. As always, dealing with the Cleaveland staff is great. My opinion, call them.

Back