What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans order process?

FlyingDiver

Well Known Member
Before I bug the nice folks in Aurora, I figured I'd ask here.

I emailed in my initial kit order last week, and paid the deposit using the web site. I got a auto-reply on the payment, but I haven't gotten any kind of official order acknowledgement or customer number yet.

How long does that usually take? And when do they give an estimated ship date?

TIA

I would just call and see what they can or can't tell you. I'm sure you probably saw the info on the website about their backlog of orders and supply chain issues they are currently dealing with.. Communication via email has been sort of hit or miss too. Scott and Greg from Van's have posted here on VAF about the same issues. I have some parts ordered right now, but getting an actual estmated ship date is pretty tough.. Hopefully I will get my parts later this year.

CONGRATS on the kit order! I like your user name.. I've been a PADI and SDI instructor for the past 7 or 8 years!

Last edited:
I placed an order for wings a few weeks back and got the same feeling you did so I inquired. They told me someone would reach out to complete the order in a few days and they did. I think it was at least 1.5 or 2wks before they emailed me to finalize because they are so backed up on orders.

After they email you to finalize, you'll get an invoice type of thing that you have to physically sign and mail back to them. That'll be a week or so again I bet. On that paper is where I saw my crating date.

I placed my finishing kit order at the end of March and it took a week before they charged my card for the deposit and sent me a confirmation email so I would guess you'll hear something from them soonish.

My experience with my other kits is that you will receive an order acknowledgement from them some time later in the mail and it will have your builder number and the crating date listed on it. I can't remember how long I have waited for that before though.

CONGRATS on the kit order! I like your user name.. I've been a PADI and SDI instructor for the past 7 or 8 years!

I've been diving since '97. Only went as far as AOW, but my wife was a Divemaster. We actually met diving. When I started diving was the beginning of a 20 year lapse in flying (myself). I couldn't afford to maintain two expensive hobbies at the time. Diving won. ;)

Ok, so 3-4 days isn't anything to worry about. If I haven't gotten anything by the end of the week I'll enquire.

I've been seeing about a week from the time I have sent an email to order a kit to get a reply, and then two weeks to get the Order Confirmation Form via USPS.

It may take a bit longer since you are a new customer and they need to put you in the system.

Our response times for the acknowledgement and your kit serial number are currently delayed, to be sure. If you don't hear back by next week, drop an email to [email protected] asking for an update.

Got the email with my customer/serial number and the waiver to complete.

No crate date yet.

Why does Vans use a "crate" date instead of a "ship" date? Yeah, I know it needs to be crated first, but that seems a little odd.

Got the email with my customer/serial number and the waiver to complete.

No crate date yet.

Why does Vans use a "crate" date instead of a "ship" date? Yeah, I know it needs to be crated first, but that seems a little odd.

Greg will probably have a better answer than I, but I think it is because once a kit is crated and a shipper is contacted, they are the ones mostly in control of when of when it leave Van's on its way to you (I.E., they say when they will be arriving to pick it up), so by telling you the day it will be crated is at least giving you an accurate indication that it is close to being on its way to you.
That is not really relevant for smaller emp. kit packages like the 7 & 8 that can ship via FEDx or UPS but it standardizes the process.

I'm trying to schedule a build class with Synergy, so I think they'll be picking it up. Assuming we can make the dates work. So it should be ready for pick up after the crate date?

I'm trying to schedule a build class with Synergy, so I think they'll be picking it up. Assuming we can make the dates work. So it should be ready for pick up after the crate date?

Should be, yes.
Unless the date gets pushed slightly later for some reason which I think they would notify you about, but shouldn't be a problem because Synergy has picked up lots of kits and I imagine they closely co-ordinate that with the people in the office.

Back