What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Super Koropon

That's what I used on my RV-9A. Completely primed inside. I made the decision to prime very early that if my plane had to live outside when finished (I might not be able to afford a hangar) then I wanted it completely protected since I live in a coastal area. Super Koropon was what my local aviation supplier stocked so that's what I bought. It's a pain to apply needing Alumiprep and Alodine treatment prior to painting, but it is absolutely bulletproof. Very durable, cures very hard (much harder to scratch than the Alclad). The paint is an epoxy, and "fluid resistant" so there's very little that you can spill on it (avgas, oil, brake fluid) that will damage it.

We used to put that inside the main rotor masts on helicopters or corrosion protection. Awesome stuff, sticks well, but a pain to remove at overhaul time...

Ah, that brings back memories. We used it on everything at Northwest Airlines. Tough as nails and easy to mix and apply.

Back