What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint shops

Like to refresh an old thread. Bare 8A that needs paint. Older suggestions were Kracon and Artcraft in CA and GLO in Tx. I live in Port Angeles WA, but am in The DFW area a lot.
Any current suggestions for a mid level paint job?
Thx in advance

GLO painted my RV-14A last summer. They are great to work with and did a very nice job on the paint. Highly recommend. :)

Get it painted in Bend

I had my -8A painted by Cascade Custom Design in Bend and they did a nice job

oN2.jpg

Last edited:
Upper Valley Aviation

If the border ever opens up, they did a great job for me. They are in Chilliwack, BC.

Attachments

• 0CC36686-1584-47A4-BD4C-36EB895C542C.jpg
    0CC36686-1584-47A4-BD4C-36EB895C542C.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 198
+1 for GLO

GLO painted my RV-14A last summer. They are great to work with and did a very nice job on the paint. Highly recommend. :)

Definitely consider GLO—they painted my 7A last Spring and I couldn’t be happier.

Sun Quest at Paine Field in Everett just did my 14A with simple single color paint plus top coat. I worked on removing/replacing control surfaces, balancing, etc. and weighed the airplane. Looks great and the price was right...

IMG_1053a.jpg

Last edited:
There’s a new paint shop just completed months ago although they have been painting aircraft including warbirds, (to include the Aeroshell team), for many years. It is located at Raymond, MS (west/southwest of Jackson at KJVW). They do excellent quality work and can paint any design you can come up with. My buddy from DFW area has his RV-8 there now finishing up and although he is extremely picky, he is absolutely thrilled with the work. John is fabulous to work with. They also have John’s 360 products and had a booth at OSH.
My own personal experience with them has been great.
Give John Mosley a call at: 601-506-0845

Back