What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6a kit cost?

bowcarroll23

I'm New Here
Hey everyone iv been lurking for a long time but this is my first post. I recent had a coworker tell me about a complete unopened RV-6a kit that his neighbor who is too old to finish is wanting to sell. Out of curiosity what would the going rate for something like this be as I do t see them posted often?

18 years ago I purchased a partially completed RV-6 kit minus the finishing kit, i.e. Tail, wing and fuselage kits. The tail and wings were mostly finished. I think I paid $9k. The older kits are not for everyone so prices tend to be lower than original purchase price. I think those 3 kits for my first RV-6 were about $11-12k.

If it is an earlier one (before 1998 I think) nothing was predrilled and there is a lot of work locating holes, etc. Somewhere around 1999 Vans changed to predrilled which shortened the assembly time a bit. Obviously depending on the date that the kit was produced will impact the real value. But back in the late 90’s the kits were around $10 to 12K I think. Today worth less for sure. Be sure he has all of the kits, there are 4, and determine if it is a slider or tip up.

2000 RV series prices:
And for fun, RV-4 1984 price from my info packet.

Attachments

• IMG_3378(1).jpg
    IMG_3378(1).jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3381(1).jpg
    IMG_3381(1).jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 138
Back