What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Got my new elevatir trim servo

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Decided to just replace my new -not yet installed trim servo and after contacting them, sent it in to Ray Allen Co. last Monday. Got the new modal last Friday. The new one is a little 'fatter' and mine, at least, required some trimming of the hold down pieces on top # 1287. Not a problem, just wanted to let you all know.

Thanks to the Ray Allen Company for the reduced price and the quick delivery of the new servo.

sounds good. I'm going to replace mine too at this point (pre-AW inspection).. The loss of trim in flight is something I'd like to avoid.. an for $100, I'll just do it now and get it over with rather than have that in the back of my mind...

Got my new elevator trim servo

I got mine Friday. I did not read the Safety Directive clearly. I thought the bushing would come with the trim motor. It did not. So I called Van's and read the Safety Directive and I ordered the bushing, and new tray from Van's for the complete new installation. I also ordered the new electrical connectors. My aircraft is serial number 120022 so I new I needed new parts. As soon as the parts from Van's arrive, I will install all of them. I told to send the parts the cheapest way so it may be next week before I receive them.

Reply to Rob

The whole case of the new servo appears to be a high grade plastic - almost like bakelite like. I will use my modified aluminum hold down pieces anyway as they distribute the holding force well.

Also, if I were you I'd install the servo with the six hold down screws that are used in the older servo installation - match drill the two holes in the center of the bottom plate. Hope that that makes sense. Not second guessing Van's engineers here just like the original plans set.

Back