What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My First Flight

Congrats to you two....

Brandi, If I remember correctly, you did the fiberglass work and the interior so definitely deserve as a minimum to be co-pilot.

Doug

You guys don't waste any time do you! 40 hours in less than a month?! My first flight was the same day and I only have about 3 hours on mine! Congrats!

Great to see those smiles, sorry I wasn't at the airport to meet you. I saw my hangar-mates Stearman was out! Hopefully you will be back. Congratulations.

Congratulations

I am so happy for you guys. You can see the love you guys have for each other. That is great to see when the airplane project is done.

Godspeed

Gary Specketer

Love the grins. Glad to see you got your hands on the controls; it looks like he will make a great co-pilot. ;)

video

Congrats on the RV-10 and first flight Brandi.....loved the video too! Thanks for sharing to moment. ps...nice landing too! :)

Awesome!

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am so happy for you guys,and hope to be there soon with our 10. The only difference, is we'll have our daughter in the back.:D You guys make a great team. Big congrats.

The RV Looks

I love all the looks across the cockpit but especially the look Brian gave Brandi just after liftoff, as if to say, "Well, what do you think?"
Very nice video, and I'm sure it's a very nice 10. Congratulations!

I was there for his first flight and when he returned, she gave him a big hug and I clearly remember him saying to her, "We did it!"

Best,

B & B, a little tip for you.

In the video I notice you have Tosten grips, and that they are mounted straight forward. Great grips BTW, really like mine.

If you plan to fly with either hand, this is best, but if you fly pretty much only left hand in left seat, try rotating the grip a bit clockwise-----to the natural position of your hand while resting on your knee.

Copilot side rotates counter clockwise.

You will fine it much more comfortable and natural feeling.

Nice job, both of you.
Now you can jump in the plane and fly to KSTS (Santa Rosa, CA) for the annual Snoopy Summer hockey tournament (I read your bio's). Oh wait, minimum age 50. Guess you'll have to put it on your to-do list!

Comment on Mike S's comment: The Tosten grips have a set screw which rides in a groove. Even if it's slightly loose the grip will not come off. And, there is a locking nut on the bolt to keep it from backing off. I have mine set snug, but not tight, so it does rotate, naturally, around the axis of the stick, as I move the stick fore and aft.

That flight changes your life forever.

Great job, there is nothing better than enjoying flight in a plane you built with that special someone.
Happy travels. Hopefully we will see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Congratulations

After 25 hr test flying we went on two short trips, one med trip and two long trips. I would not want to go back to highway traveling. 13 states and counting. We lived in Winder from 93-00. Darlene went to UGA- hence the plane color. Have fun and we will see you at Osh early Sat AM...5:30 departure.

Awesome!

Congratulations on your first flight! And, in keeping with tradition, you fly fast, too! 4:47 from KRYY to 9A0 is about 564 KTS.... What engine/prop setup are you guys running?!?:D

Great Video. Look forward to seeing you guys at Osh. You guys need
to fly up some weekend to were it all started. We can drink some wine and celebrate.

Geoff & Laurel

Back