What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just sold my 8

donaziza

Well Known Member
Just sold my RV 8. Needed to put the money back in my retirement fund. Its only been 3 days, but I'm still depressed. Surprised even me.:(

My condolences
.....it was a nice bird you had. I looked at it when I was thinking to buy one. Now I'm building my own and already finished the tail.
Hope you will feel better soon.

Lingering regret

Don your not going to get over it. You'll regret it for years even though it was probably the right thing to do. :( Sold my plane years ago to help get the kids through college and I swear I wish I had sold one of my kidneys instead. :rolleyes:
Funny though some of the happiest days I've ever had was when I sold any of my boats. :D

Sale

My condolances Don. I'm almost at the same point, but I just can't bear the thought of selling mine.

Wishing that I had a boat or two to get rid of tho!:p

Just sold my RV 8. Needed to put the money back in my retirement fund. Its only been 3 days, but I'm still depressed. Surprised even me.:(

2.5 years since I sold my -8. We put most of the money in our new house. I let my medical and biannual expire and quit flying. It wasn't so bad until several of my co-wrokers started taking flying lessons.

Now I really miss flying and miss my RV. :(

Karl

I felt your pain..

For awhile, then I found David Domeir's -7a FS, the rest is history, see timeline below.... Not flying yet tho because of pesky medical issues but at least get to go to the hangar and dream...

Hate to say it Don, but it's been two years almost since I sold my 4 and I still kick myself every day for selling it. It never gets any easier. The good news is it went to a good home
Ryan

Sounds like there's several in the same boat. The Internet can be a good thing for getting people of like mind together. Somebody should build an online community of builders living in relative proximity to share costs and build a plane. Find one of the good deals here to save a few bucks and go forward. It could be the 'Vans Airforce Reserves' or something. Might even get a few folks who have been sitting on the fence for a while, unsure of their abilities, to fill out your area 'Reserve' requirement. There would be some learning going on and everyone saves money. What do you think???

Sounds like there's several in the same boat. The Internet can be a good thing for getting people of like mind together. Somebody should build an online community of builders living in relative proximity to share costs and build a plane. Find one of the good deals here to save a few bucks and go forward. It could be the 'Vans Airforce Reserves' or something. Might even get a few folks who have been sitting on the fence for a while, unsure of their abilities, to fill out your area 'Reserve' requirement. There would be some learning going on and everyone saves money. What do you think???

Better yet, how about we get a bunch of guys (or gals) in the greater Atlanta area together, form a flying club, and buy my airplane back??:p

like to help

Hay Don
What part of the country do you reside in? I have an -8 and would like to meet you may be we could work some thing out. I don't use my RV all that much and it could use some use.

I fly out of O28 in Calif

Dick

Hay Don
What part of the country do you reside in? I have an -8 and would like to meet you may be we could work some thing out. I don't use my RV all that much and it could use some use.

I fly out of O28 in Calif

Dick

Hi Dick, Atlanta------------California would be too far away

Hey Don.. spoke to you a while back on the - 8. Can you tell me what it went for? I am looking around now.. putting my PA-28 up for sale / trade. I am in ATL area also.

Thanks.

Hey Don.. spoke to you a while back on the - 8. Can you tell me what it went for? I am looking around now.. putting my PA-28 up for sale / trade. I am in ATL area also.

Thanks.

Dear skier in GA, Check your Email. I sent you an answer.

Back