What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall warning

brick

Hi VAF I'm installing a stall warning vane in my 7A. When the vane itself was rolled and welded it is a little off center. I was able to buff a little off the vane to allow clearance from washer. My question is does the vane move quite freely with no resistance? at the moment there is resistance. ( I have used all the appropriate washers to this point) I could buff a little more off around the area where the bolt fastens it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ken

It should take very little finger pressure to move it. If not keep working at it while it is easy to get to. My stall buzzer energizes 5 kts above stall, so no adjusting required. Also round the corners to keep from catching clothes- approximately 1/8" radius. Lubricate pivot with LPS-1 before closing up area.

stall warning

It should take very little finger pressure to move it. If not keep working at it while it is easy to get to. My stall buzzer energizes 5 kts above stall, so no adjusting required. Also round the corners to keep from catching clothes- approximately 1/8" radius. Lubricate pivot with LPS-1 before closing up area.

Thanks Wayne I will keep working at it until there is next to no resistance!!:)

Very good advice!

Might be best to leave dry.

Might be best to leave dry.

Thanks for reply !! Followed Wayne's advice worked out well, held off on lubrication though as it can have a tendency to become sticky due to dusty conditions. Most probably if I choose to lube I would use a dry graphite lube.

LPS-1: Provides a dry, thin, greaseless lubricating film, resists oil, dust and dirt build-up, fast acting penetration, displaces moisture on electrical components and delicate mechanisms.

You may want to use it occassionally and especially after flying through rain. I keep all three types of LPS on hand. LPS-1 will also not damage your micro switch.

LPS-1: Provides a dry, thin, greaseless lubricating film, resists oil, dust and dirt build-up, fast acting penetration, displaces moisture on electrical components and delicate mechanisms.

You may want to use it occassionally and especially after flying through rain. I keep all three types of LPS on hand. LPS-1 will also not damage your micro switch.

Thanks for the knowledge on LPS-1 Wayne. I assumed it was an oil or gel base as I was not familiar with the product.
Buffing down the vane went well. Once the vain trigers the switch, the spring tendency on the switch is able to send the vane back to original position!! Thanks again for helping!

Back