What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vacuum pump blank off panel

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
Hello,

I am looking to remove my vacuum pump from my O-360 and was wondering if anyone knew where to find a blank off panel for this. I tried seating online and came up short.

Thanks
Charles

You can spend some money and buy from Lyc parts distributor, but making one would be very easy also. I purchased one and it is simply a piece of metal with holes that came with 4 aluminum tubes to put in a spacers for the studs. Without the aluminum tubes you would have to pull the studs and put in shorter ones.

I think, if you

leave the spacer and vacuum pump gear in (as was done on my airplane), then it is just a matter of bolting the plate on the existing studs. I know, there is discussion about removing or leaving the gear -- I removed it on the -10, and left it on the -6 --- .

I was glad I left it on the -6, because I just installed a standby alternator on that pad.

R.

I'm doing the same thing. I guess I need the Lyc part number. Maybe I can find dimension and hole pattern. Would like to place plate at same time as pulling pump. Thanks in advance

If you don't want to make one, I have bought two from Robert Paisley, of EFII fame. I think I paid $19 each. IIRC, comes with a proper gasket.

Try his website, search for EFII for Lycoming.

Or robert (at) protekperformance dotcom

I got excellent service, twice.

No affiliation, just a happy customer. :)

I'm doing the same thing. I guess I need the Lyc part number. Maybe I can find dimension and hole pattern....

I've found that the gasket makes a fine template. Just transfer the pattern to a chunk of aluminum plate and drill some holes.

Last edited:
Plates

60430 is the parts number> I have a bunch of new surplus plats for 15.00 shipped on PM if you don't want to make your own. Should be easy as you think. Its just a flat plate with 4 holes.

Jesse
970-874-7575

Back