What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aeroroller , aircraft moving castors

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Has anyone used Aeroroller-1000 , as listed at Aircraft Spruce? Can they be used on an RV-10 with wheel pants on the main gear? I don't think I would need to move the nose wheel.
I would like to be able to slide our RV-10 sideways under the wing of a 172 during the winter months to give a greater clearance from the work bench in my hangar. Less chance of getting damage.
Thanks Ron

Those that I've seen require the wheel to be jacked up and then set down in the castor assembly. The aeroroller (it's my understanding) have locking castors, once locked you pull the aft pin and pull the aircraft up the sloped ramp, reinstall the pin and unlock the castor and you are good to go. Sounds easy , but I'm just looking into their operation. Anyone with experience please chime in.
Ron

A friend has a similar device, a 3-legged one from Harbor Freight. Cost $4 for one of them.

Anyway, the wheels are a similar small size, and what happens is that the wheels catch on something and the cart comes out from under the aircraft wheel. He might try adding a strap to hold it on.

I'd prefer something with larger wheels.

Dave

Those that I've seen require the wheel to be jacked up and then set down in the castor assembly. The aeroroller (it's my understanding) have locking castors, once locked you pull the aft pin and pull the aircraft up the sloped ramp, reinstall the pin and unlock the castor and you are good to go. Sounds easy , but I'm just looking into their operation. Anyone with experience please chime in.
Ron

Have you ever pulled an RV-10 up a sloped ramp? Not that easy.

John

I have a TowBuddy and planned on using it to tow the RV up into the dolly, if the dollies will clear the wheel pants.

Looks like a good solution

Can anyone report on how well these AeroRoller 1000s work for RV's? I'm curious how they interact with the wheel fairings.

I had someone else's Baron parked in the hangar yesterday, and if I could just slide my plane sideways, I could have gotten it past the Baron.

Back