What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KDNL

BH1166

Well Known Member
Son in law now at Fort Gordon. I live west by 60nm. I know TRSA communication is voluntary. Just checking to see what others do when flying in to Daniel Field, while staying clear or above the 2600’ Class D @ KAGS.

Thanks

Last edited:
Daniel is easy in and out. No need to talk to Augusta but they are also very easy and accommodating. It’s not that busy in their airspace.
Enjoy the stay.

They do (or did) charge a landing fee at DNL. Haven’t been back since they started that. About $15.

Son in law now at Fort Gordon. I live west by 60nm. I know TRSA communication is voluntary. Just checking to see what others do when flying in to Daniel Field, while staying clear or above the 2900’ Class D @ KAGS.

Thanks

The KAGS Class D goes up to 2600', not sure where you're seeing the 2900'..? Anyway, not really a factor if you're coming from the West. Just don't overshoot KDNL and accidentally wander into KAGS airspace immediately to the SE and you should be fine. I personally would probably go in under the TRSA at an altitude of 1500' just to stay out of their way if you're not going to use VFR Flight Following or contact Augusta Approach.

Back