What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

David Clark Pro-X2 ANR headset in a RV?

smithflys23

Well Known Member
I am curious if anyone has tried this headset in a RV. Im wondering how the over the ear ANR works in the noisy cockpit of an RV. I like the idea that this design would not be affected by wearing sunglasses. I currently use a Clarity Aloft in my -8, but I am interested in finding a headset I can use for work and leisure. I didnt care for the Clarity Aloft in the work environment. Any help is appreciated.

David Clark Pro-X2 ANR

I’ve used my DC Pro X2 ANR once in my RV-8 and it seemed to work well. I can’t recall well enough to give a review but I don’t recall it being bad or too loud at all. I’d def use it again but I normally keep it for work in my work bag.
I do think that they have a good return policy (or used to) that allows you to try it for a period and return if not happy.

LJ

Dc-oneX

I have recently tried the DC OneX in my RV8. It’s the over the ear version and I plan to return them soon and exchange for another Bose. The noise canceling doesn’t work quite as well as the Bose in my noisy plane. I’ve tried them in the work plane too but prefer the A20.

Just my experience.
Robert

I’ve used my DC Pro X2 ANR once in my RV-8 and it seemed to work well. I can’t recall well enough to give a review but I don’t recall it being bad or too loud at all. I’d def use it again but I normally keep it for work in my work bag.
I do think that they have a good return policy (or used to) that allows you to try it for a period and return if not happy.

LJ

One of the website vendors does offer a 60 day trial, so maybe that’s a good idea.
Thanks!

I have recently tried the DC OneX in my RV8. It’s the over the ear version and I plan to return them soon and exchange for another Bose. The noise canceling doesn’t work quite as well as the Bose in my noisy plane. I’ve tried them in the work plane too but prefer the A20.

Just my experience.
Robert

I have an A20. When I wear sunglasses it breaks the seal around the ear. Then the noise cancellation doesn’t work as well. I haven’t tried the A20 in the work airplane. The Blue tooth on the A20 is flawless and I would like to retain that.
Thanks!

Smithflys, in all the years I have been flying with Bose, they have never broken the seal on any of my glasses. I suggest you get it checked out or call Bose.
Are you sure you have the OEM Bose pads? There are fakes being sold online.

Smithflys, in all the years I have been flying with Bose, they have never broken the seal on any of my glasses. I suggest you get it checked out or call Bose.

I am positive theyre legit. I am wearing Randolph aviators. Maybe I have a mishapen head?

ANR headsets

Agreed! I use my Bose in the J-3 with the window open all the time (does one HAVE to close the window?) so it is like an open cockpit. Noise attenuation is great. When the battery quits it is REALLY noticeable. The noise in the RVs are nowhere near what it is in the Cub. I have a self-installed unit in my helmet in my RV-4 so I can't compare except they work very well as well. They are well-buried in the helmet and the seals are typical helmet huge.

Back