What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is this tubing?

this is the tubing for the static ports which are located in the tail cone and must be run up the the pannel. Most of us use clear plastic tubing for the static lines

Eric

N410EG - flying

It looked a little thick for static tubing, I read a little farther and I think it was being used to route coax for antennas to the seat area.

Tim used 3/8 inch conduit for his antennas, I dont know what he used but I found 3/8 conduit at Harbor Freight, its black and corrigated but it will work great.

It is flexible wiring conduit

Tim Olsen used 1" flex computer conduit to run wiring through the fuselage from the rear area (where the batteries are) to the panel. It is very lightweight, heat resistant and, most importantly, wont give off noxious gases if it were to burn or melt like regular plastic tubing will. It is costly if you have to buy it but I found some being thrown away after a computer center rehab so I did the same as Tim did in my -10.

Roger Pierce
Broken Arrow, OK

RV-10 40148

Last edited:
Actually, I'm not referring to the orange tubing used for wiring conduit. If you look at the picture, there is a clear ~1/4" tubing on the rib closer to the person taking the photo. The Orange conduit is farther away.

Actually, I'm not referring to the orange tubing used for wiring conduit. If you look at the picture, there is a clear ~1/4" tubing on the rib closer to the person taking the photo. The Orange conduit is farther away.

I see it now... I didn't see it before though. Don't know about that one but I suspect it is the static line as mentioned by others. I guess I'd better pay attention before I open my yap next time!

Roger Pierce
Broken Arrow, OK

I used that clear tubing as a conduit for my strobe wires, and also used the same for going under the rear seats for my antenna wires. It was just a simple way to go so that I could install the wiring later, without having to have access to those areas. I wasn't ready to install any electronics at the time, so I gave myself a way to run the wires later.
Tim

Back