-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:22 AM

I have to agree with folks on the communication. I know Van’s can’t scale production or facilities easily- but they can scale communication. I received my finish kit with many back ordered parts, which I anticipated. I have received zero communication from Van’s on when those parts might be delivered. I would even be happy with “Here’s why we have no idea, but we can offer a guess.” I know I tread awfully close to public scorn, but outside of the excellent technical support, I have not seen the level of individual communication I would expect from a company that is receiving a minimum of $70k-ish from each customer.
RV-6
Old 04-16-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWhere? View Post
I have to agree with folks on the communication. I know Vanís canít scale production or facilities easily- but they can scale communication. I received my finish kit with many back ordered parts, which I anticipated. I have received zero communication from Vanís on when those parts might be delivered. I would even be happy with ďHereís why we have no idea, but we can offer a guess.Ē I know I tread awfully close to public scorn, but outside of the excellent technical support, I have not seen the level of individual communication I would expect from a company that is receiving a minimum of $70k-ish from each customer.
I agree completely.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWhere? View Post
I have to agree with folks on the communication. I know Vanís canít scale production or facilities easily- but they can scale communication. I received my finish kit with many back ordered parts, which I anticipated. I have received zero communication from Vanís on when those parts might be delivered. I would even be happy with ďHereís why we have no idea, but we can offer a guess.Ē I know I tread awfully close to public scorn, but outside of the excellent technical support, I have not seen the level of individual communication I would expect from a company that is receiving a minimum of $70k-ish from each customer.
I couldn't agree more. I had confirmation my finish kit shipped last week after a 2 month delay from the original crate date, but still with a list of back ordered parts (gear legs, engine mount standoff, torque arms, canopy gas struts, steps, and some other bits and pieces), so not really sure what i'll be able to work on when it arrives.
When I asked for an approximate timeframe to get the missing parts all I was told was to wait a month or so after the kit ships and then enquire again.
As you say, its totally understandable given the circumstances that there are supply chain issues and back ordered parts, but it's the lack of any meaningful comms which is frustrating and make it hard to plan around.
Vans have been great to deal with in every other aspect except this, so really hope they can fix this up.