- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 AM

Default kitlog alternatives?

I am looking for kitlog alternatives. My household is completely Windows-free and my company does not allow Windows on their laptops for security reasons so I am running a Linux laptop as well. Therefore kitlog, being Windows based, is out.

I can setup a blogger blog and a spreadsheet with hourly entries I guess but I am looking for a decent cloud based alternative. Perhaps kitlog now has a cloud version they need to beta test?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 AM

Default Wordpress etc

There's lots of good discussion on this if you search the forums. This thread is a good place to start. http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=83632

I too am windows free and I use a Wordpress blog with plugins for tracking hours and doing Dropbox backups.
RV-14A #140026
Wings 70%. Emp 70%
Happy to be a 2020 =VAF= contributor
Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBerner View Post
There's lots of good discussion on this if you search the forums. This thread is a good place to start. http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=83632

I too am windows free and I use a Wordpress blog with plugins for tracking hours and doing Dropbox backups.
Exact same thing here! Wordpress + plugins + dropbox backups.
KSGS - Fleming Field, South Saint Paul, Minnesota

YouTube.com/GoodPlaneLiving
-- Build Timelapse and Travel Videos . . GoodPlaneLiving.com -- Build and Travel Blog
Old 04-15-2013, 02:17 PM

Another Wordpress user here. Nice thing about WP is that there are tons of desktop-based editors out there; I use MarsEdit on my Mac.

I've had this idea rolling around in the back of my head for a while to create a WP-based hosted build log solution. Basically, it'd provide an easy-to-set-up blog with some builder-specific plugins. (stuff like hour tracking and so forth) Set it up properly to provide good data redundancy and backups, since we all value this data highly.

But then I remember I've got a plane to build, and the last thing I need is another distraction...
Old 12-17-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N546RV View Post
Another Wordpress user here. Nice thing about WP is that there are tons of desktop-based editors out there; I use MarsEdit on my Mac.

I've had this idea rolling around in the back of my head for a while to create a WP-based hosted build log solution. Basically, it'd provide an easy-to-set-up blog with some builder-specific plugins. (stuff like hour tracking and so forth) Set it up properly to provide good data redundancy and backups, since we all value this data highly.

But then I remember I've got a plane to build, and the last thing I need is another distraction...
Hi
What plugin have you used for your hobbs counter?
I have trouble finding a correct time tracker
thanks
Old 12-17-2020, 05:36 PM

For the Kitlog, check out: webuildplanes.com
YouTube Channel
Build Log
Zenith 750 completed 2016 -
Sold
Old 12-17-2020, 07:13 PM

EAA now offers an on-line builders log for members. You might want to take a look at that option as well. https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blhome

Regards,

RV-10 First Flight April 1, 2020. Phase 1 Complete
2021 VAF Dues Paid (plus a little more)
Old 03-16-2021, 07:16 AM

what is the specific WP plugin you all are using for the hobbs meter? Specifically @N546RV, I love your hobbs counter.

Thanks,
Paolo