What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

22C gets a new home

scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
We have recently converted our 30+ minute commute to/from the airport (KGTU) to a nice little 8-9 minute jaunt! We were able to purchase a hangar at the local airpark (40XS) that is perfect for our RV9 or 10 AND an RV8. We built out a nice little office space with A/C for me. The hangar dog, Watson, loves the quiet grass out front. We have been working on setting up shop in the new space for about the last month and now declare it ready for daily flying. It may not look like much, but this is the ritz for us. We now own a hangar at two airports. I guess some day we'll figure out how to consolidate :).

I have recently discovered the joy of a short 20 minute flight after work. Before, I couldn't stomach to drive for over an hour for such a short flight.

(iphone panorama)
final-prep-interior-panorama.JPG

Looks great Scott and Tanya! So...do you have enough space to build a house as well? If you like a 9 minute commute, you'll LOVE walking out to the hangar in slippers in the morning.... ;)

Last edited:
8-9 minutes commute..

Geez...You Guys are killing me....

I could give anything for a home on an airpark ....

Bruno

Last edited:
Geez...You Guys are killing me....

I could anything for a home on an airpark ....

Bruno

Yeah, me too! I did give my left arm, and all I got was a hangar and the dirt under it, not a home lot. That would be another $200K just for a small piece of dirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
So cool!!!!

That is way cool! Amanda and I will have to fly down and check your place out when the weather is nice.

Wow! I am full of serious envy. The place looks really nice!

Looking at the rafters I don't think the roof is rated for much snow load.....

New Home

Hi Scott
---------------------------------

''Yeah, me too! I did give my left arm, and all I got was a hangar and the dirt under it''
----------------------------------

I could settle for that, no problem..

Nice set up regarless..

Cheers

Bruno

Back