What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Made the Jump.....Again!

f1rocket

Well Known Member
Just fired off my FAX order to Vans for the the -12. This is definitely my last airplane. I swear, it's the last one. No more.

Plans are to build E-LSA and paint it like my Rocket. Hope to finish in a year or so now that I am (soon to be) retired.

Good news!

Randy, that is good to hear. I am sure your RV-12 will set another high mark for craftsmanship.
Also, I have been wondering how you have been doing since we last emailed each other. Glad to see that you are still interested in building and flying.

You are gonna love it, Randy!

Probably a little tougher to build than a Rocket, and probably a little faster in the air, but you'll get the hang of it, I'm sure (tongue in cheek) :D

Randy, that is good to hear. I am sure your RV-12 will set another high mark for craftsmanship.
Also, I have been wondering how you have been doing since we last emailed each other. Glad to see that you are still interested in building and flying.

Thanks Don. I'm currently tumor free, my cancer is in remission, and I feel great. It's finally time to get on with living while the clock is ticking.

When people point at the pitot and ask "what's this?" (And believe me, they will), just say nonchalantly, "Twenty-two cal. 700 rounds."

Thanks Don. I'm currently tumor free, my cancer is in remission, and I feel great. It's finally time to get on with living while the clock is ticking.

Man, I'm glad to hear that. Airplanes are a dime a dozen around here, but we only have one Randy ;)

Randy,

Good news! My wife just retired after 30 years treating cancer patients (RN-OCN,) so I know how effective those people can be. And how tough the treatment...

On your 12, if you really get stuck, I have some kids down here in North Vernon that can help you figure it out! You ought to drop by OVO (Indiana Airport of the Year!) some time and watch them work. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Bob

P.S. You can fly our 12, Eagle's Nest One, if you like.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. I appreciate the offer. I'll likely give you a shout this Spring to make a visit. Maybe I can come down in the Cobra and we can trade rides!

Last edited:
Randy's Cobra is gorgeous. I saw it parked on the street during the past London Cobra gathering. I wouldn't expect anything less on the RV-12 build.

Today is the day

Empennage, wing, and fuselage kits arrive today via motor freight. Finish kit is ordered and will be here in two months or so. Time to get building. I hope to be in the air in less than 12 months (if the money holds out!)

Empennage, wing, and fuselage kits arrive today via motor freight. Finish kit is ordered and will be here in two months or so. Time to get building. I hope to be in the air in less than 12 months (if the money holds out!)

It's amazing to me that it only takes four days for 800 lbs of crates to go from Portland to Seattle to Wyoming to Nebraska to Indianapolis and it takes FIVE days for it to get to my house. I'm still waiting for my kits. They didn't arrive Friday and no one bothered to call me to tell me they weren't coming. Guess this is how the good Lord teaches us patience.

Back