What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New "Hand Operated Hydraulic Squeezer" from Cleaveland Tool

rv7boy

Forum Peruser
Anybody seen this? http://www.clevtool.blogspot.com/

Sorry, Mike, if I'm pre-empting you, but this looks like a winner to me...and it shows up on your blog!

It looks like it's not ready to go to market yet with still some more items to develop (incl. design??).

Mike, you're gonna have a line of folks wanting to buy this...assuming the price is right. Is this a pre-mature announcement? I hope not. :)

Get in line Don. :D This product has been anticipated by some of us for literally years. Can't wait to be one of the first to have it in hand.

kind of funny. I've been emailing Mike at Cleaveland Tool for the past month puting together a tools order.

Mike pointed me to the new hand squeezer last week. I still want the original "C" squeezer but the hold up is the Intensifier, not the tools :(

Hotly anticipated

I have been waiting for a while. I also have a custom built "C" frame waiting for the HPRS DRDT head for dimpling and forming rivets too!

That small handheld squeezer is AWESOME! I'll be buying one for my company use, for sure! We manufacture some products using multiple rivets (non-aviation products) and this would be a great improvement over our "15-pound" handheld we are using now!

Last edited:
Put me down as a "me too." If the intent of this thread is to establish dibs order, be it known that I've been in line and firmly committed since before Oshkosh. Mike is my witness.

C'mon guys...no shoving or crowding. Double line forms to the right.;)

If you are building only one aircraft, figure the cost of each rivet that gets squeezed with this product and see if it fits your budget....... But maybe it will have a good resale value.

low cost hydraulic

If you are building only one aircraft, figure the cost of each rivet that gets squeezed with this product and see if it fits your budget....... But maybe it will have a good resale value.

Hundreds of 3/16 rivets without breaking a sweat or the bank. And no noise. Details here.

Tony

Put me down as a "me too." If the intent of this thread is to establish dibs order, be it known that I've been in line and firmly committed since before Oshkosh. Mike is my witness.

C'mon guys...no shoving or crowding. Double line forms to the right.;)

Please clarify John. Do you mean Oshkosh 2011 or 2012?

Hundreds of 3/16 rivets without breaking a sweat or the bank. And no noise. Details here.

Tony

First, where was this idea when I built my 6 spars. I beat them into submission with a C-frame and a hammer.
I have a ton of 3/16" rivets to form on my Fiat spars. Thus far, this tool is the best solution and I will be building one!
Thanks for sharing Tony.

Tony

Nice job, Tony...and "hand operated"...but not "hand-held" as the original post described...nor is the "Panther" in Van's current product line. Kind of a major thread drift, doncha think? :confused:

Last edited:

I gave up cost justifying this hobby a long time ago. I sleep better now. :D

Back