What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vern Darley's wife

Mark Burns

Well Known Member
I was sorrowed to learn from Vern that his wife Deb passed away Thursday.

Praying for Vern and his family.

Thanks for the kind remarks

Celebration of Deb's Life
Saturday, Dec 8, 2012
11am EST
Grace Evangelical Church
164 Flat Creek Trail
Fayetteville, GA
http://gracechurchfayette.org

+++++++++++++++++++

Her story of battling multiple myeloma
www.debdarley.blogspot.com

+++++++++++++++++++

Last month while we were chatting in the hospital room she turned to me and said, 'Vern, when we get home I think you need to build another RV.'

I had dreams about flying with Deb all over our great land but all her trips ended up being between Peachtree City, GA and Little Rock, Ark. to the UAMS cancer center for 3 years.

She learned to love clouds. While IFR inside clouds she would get so excited about being inside a cloud. When she look at towering cu, she would find the animal shapes in the clouds.

When we first married 38 years ago we rebuilt a 1939 Luscombe 8A. Hanging out with all my USAF buds she would hear us talking about acro. One day while flying around Pikes Peak in the 65hp Luscombe, I suggested we head back and land at Meadowlake. She said no, we could not land yet. I asked why. She said we could not land until she had experienced a loop. I tried to beg off but she insisted. So, after building up a head of steam, I pulled up into a loop and said, OK, we can head back now.

No, she said. We cannot go back until I can keep my eyes open all the way thru a loop. Several loops later she was able to keep them open and we went to land.

Deb was beloved by many and will be missed!

Vern,
I am very sorry for your loss. I also read the story you posted a link to, and that was VERY touching.

Prayers sent your way for you and your entire family.

Vern, sorry to hear, I lost my mom to MM on 9/11/08. Nasty stuff. I'm sure she'd want you to be happy for what is hopefully a long time to come. My dad is doing well, now but it takes a while to adjust after so many years together....especially after such a hard road as MM...

Back