What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

912ULS Spark Plug Boots

Peterk

Well Known Member
My engine is now in the 600 hour/5 year stage of life. Recently I rebuilt my carbs because of a torn rubber diaphragm and I plan to follow through on the Rotax rubber replacement of the hoses as well. Though not fuel carriers, my rubber spark plug boots were losing their grip as well and I recently replaced them also. Though the spark can jump amazing distances...when the boot falls off completely, you will notice. I did not realize how soft and loose they had become until I replaced them. Now they are once again hard and grip with effectiveness.

Thanks to earlier VAF posts by Jetguy and Cactuspilot (see below), locating the correct boots and installing them correctly was a breeze. As John mentions, they sell for $25 each at the Rotax dealers but are $6 each direct from NGK.

If and when your time comes, follow their guidance as I did and you will be glad you did.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/member.php?u=16569

Last edited:
In the Rotax maint. Manual the 100 hr / annual check list has a section where you should check these by how much force it takes to remove them.

I would encourage everyone to always use the check list in the Line Maint. Manual for all the inspections.

Actually you unknowingly check the pull force evey time you replace or inspect the plugs.

Back