What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport and baggage door locks

Weefle

Well Known Member
I will be installing the flush door handles from Aerosport and am wondering what others have used for a lock. I was at the local locksmith today trying to fit a lock to my baggage door and even that’s a **** shoot. Ideally I’d like to have a single key to fit all three locks. Any suggestions, vendors, part numbers appreciated?

Thanks

Keith

If you're willing to spend a little more, Medeco locks can be sold as a keyed alike set through Aircraft Security (Texas). They're high security locks, but about $330 for all three as a set.

I was able to get ACS to provide me with the ignition switch and 3 door locks all three keyed the same. Admittedly these locks will only prevent entry from the curious.

I used camlocks. Super durable, however a bit of a chore to install. If I had to do over I would just use an ACS set.

Northeast Lock

At the suggestion of Will at Aerosport I used a set from Northeast Lock and they have worked fine. At only $12 each! Looks like the website is under construction but give then a call.

https://northeastlock.com/

DC622S-KA-200R 5/8" DUST SHUTTER CAM LOCK, 90 2KP, KA #200R

Cheers

Mark Easton

At the suggestion of Will at Aerosport I used a set from Northeast Lock and they have worked fine. At only $12 each! Looks like the website is under construction but give then a call.

https://northeastlock.com/

DC622S-KA-200R 5/8" DUST SHUTTER CAM LOCK, 90 2KP, KA #200R

Cheers

Mark Easton

Does this lock also fit the baggage door as well or only the Aerosport handles? I.E. a matching set for the handles and baggage door?

I also went through this ordeal, but decided on a different option. Aerosport has a trim ring that doesn't have the hole for the door lock.

I have decided not to lock my plane. If a thief really wants that 650 or the Bose headsets, they will just break a window or pry the door open. We had this happen to a Bonanza shop nearby. They broke into several planes using a crowbar :eek: I have insurance.... and after all the work it was to fit the doors and windows, I'd really rather not go through that again!

Back