What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Using Search

todehnal

Well Known Member
Often I use the advanced search mode to find previous posts in the RV-12 forum regarding a particular subject. I can't figure out how to search for a multiple word item, such as "Oil Pressure" not Oil OR Pressure, or "Spark Plugs" not Spark OR Plugs. I've tried quote signs, adding the word AND between word, hyphens, and other symbols to no avail. There must be a way. I just can't figure it out. Anyone know how to link search words, or to search for a phrase in an advanced search function? Thanks....Tom

There is a much better way: use Google. In the search bar, put "site:vansairforce.net" without the quotes and then your search term. I did this one just now; as you can see, VAF could not find my post, but Google did:

woes.JPG

goog.JPG

Thanks for the reminder!
BTW, I just tried it on Duck Duck Go and it works great on that search tool also (and I can avoid using the evil ‘oogle)

There is a much better way: use Google. In the search bar, put "site:vansairforce.net" without the quotes and then your search term. I did this one just now; as you can see, VAF could not find my post, but Google did:

+1 on using Google.

Google is the only way I search VAF.

If you use Google Advanced, your computer should remember the domain as vansairforce.com and will auto fill just by typing a v
icon14.gif

Also, if you put two words together with quotations marks it will look for that exact phrase instead of the two words separately.

See the example below.

Attachments

• VAF-Google.jpg
    VAF-Google.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 85
Well it looks like I may have to use google to search this site when using word groups. It doesn't seem like the best way, particularly when I like to selectively search the RV-12/ RV-12IS model forum, rather than the entire site. Perhaps I can do that with google as well. Thanks for the tips.......Tom

Back