What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric elevator trim servo wire routing?

LyleM

The instructions on the routing of the elevator servo wires at the tail section is a little vague. First, are they secured to the inside of the elevator leading edge skin? After coming out there, it looks to me like going over the rear stabilizer spar would be the best way? However, without drilling a hole in that spar to secure them, how could they be secured over that spar so they wouldn't be just laying there? If you put the wires under the spar, the connector would really be in a confined space. Thanks

Hi Lyle

Hope this helps answer your question...

FP04012013A000MN.jpg

Fusible tape round the horn tube to keep the cable ties snug, the green item is a model radio control 6 pin plug to allow removal of the elevator (which I did for painting).

My log entry also shows an idea I stole for hiding the trim relays and lighting connectors.

167 hrs/2 years - no problems so far.

I just mounted my elevator trim servo (-9A) and was having a "head scratching" moment. Plans indicated that wiring was to go through elevator spar, which is also the same hole through which the servo jackscrew extends when in full down position. I can just envision that jackscrew chewing through the wiring during each cycle (though it's probably pretty rare to use full down trim).

Bob, I like your solution a lot better! I've also got a lot of r/c hardware & plugs floating around. They certainly come in handy.

Back