What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How Much ACF 50

Bob Ellis

Well Known Member
It has been just over a year since painting and am looking to spray the inside with ACF 50. I see it comes in two sizes - 1 Qt and 4 Qts. I suspect 4 Qts is way too much so is 1 Qt enough or will I need 2?

I plan to apply it with a quality garden pressure sprayer with Viton seals as the commercial equipment is so expensive. Anyone have similar experience and tips?

You won't even need a quart"

Hello Bob,

I have purchased an aerosol can of about a litre here in the UK. You won't need anything like a quart!

The trick here is that a little goes a very, very long way, it will seep out of every orifice you can think of, so the finest spray with the minimum amount is my advice, otherwise, your beautiful aircraft will look as if its leaking!!!

I bought mine from a Biggin Hill supplier, (transair I think).

If you ask them nicely, they may even send you a trial pack free to evaluate.

Warm regards

David Richard

Thanks for that David - just the info I'm after. Looks like the motorcyclists are into it now so the keenest prices seem to by cycle shops on eBay. Regards Bob

Atomizing the spray is the standard method. You won't need the total qt. if you do it properly. You want the mist as fine as you can get it. It will go into every joint and weep on the floor for months!

Back