What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vetterman exhaust mounting

Ottoman

I'm building a 7a with the new elastomer front end, io-360, vetterman x-over exhaust.

How do I attach/support the two exhaust pipes together? The frame of the elastomer pucks seem to be in the way.

I think I read some place that they need to be spaced 8in apart, is this correct?

I have looked at a lot of pics but can not find one with the new front end. Does anybody have the answer or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
John

I believe the instruction sheet from Vetterman (my exhaust came direct from Vetterman since I have a SuperiorXP with cold air intake manifold) shows the option of placing hangers from each pipe towards the outside and connecting to the motormount cross tube at the firewall rather than between the pipes. It shows using adel clamps as the anchor point on the mount tube. Hope this helps.

Yes, I did mine kind of like Jereme. Not sure if it's "right" but that's how it ended up. Disclaimer: I'm not flying yet.

i-bb5rc4g-M.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks Jereme,

That worked prefect!

I need to figure out how to PM somebody here!?

John A

Ok that is easy. Click on a poster’s name (i.e. RVbySDI) at the top of their post. In the dropdown menu choose “send private message”.

Back